Look out back at your AC unit just working quietly to keep you and your family comfortable. Now ask yourself, do you know when it is time to replace the AC unit? Would you have to wait until the AC unit is broken and your family caught in the hot Texas summer before you would know it is time?
If you are getting your AC unit serviced regularly and changing your air filter then you might just need a new part to your AC unit rather than a whole new one. This can save you time and money as well as extend the life of your overall unit.
When to replace your HVAC equipment
- Condensing Unit: The outdoor unit houses the compressor. It needs to be replaced when an upgraded AC system or updated refrigerants are introduced.
- Evaporator Coil: The indoor unit needs to be replaced when the condensing unit or refrigerants are updated.
- Copper Line Set: The copper line set will need to be replaced when using an updated refrigerant. Remnants of oil from the old refrigerant can contaminate the new system.
- Duct Work: Ductwork modification can range from a small transition piece to extensive rebuilds. Extensive rebuilds occur when the original system was not designed or installed properly.
- Furnace: Furnace replacement depends on the condition of the unit. It’s common to upgrade the furnace while updating the AC portion of the HVAC System.
- Thermostat: Thermostat replacement will be required when upgrading from a single-stage system to a two-stage, or a single-stage system to a variable speed system.
Get a Good Deal
Call up our AC consultants and we can help point you in the right direction. Acme AC is here to offer you the best.