A person can spend 90% of their time indoors and that’s especially true during the hot and cold seasons. Nowadays, homes are better insulated and more tightly sealed than ever. This means that indoor pollutants can get trapped inside your home. As a result, your family might be breathing indoor air that is less healthy than what’s outside.
• Indoor pollutants can be five times higher than outdoor pollutants.
• 87% of homeowners are unaware that pollution inside their homes may be worse than outside.
• Children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults, so they’re especially sensitive to air quality problems.
• Up to 72 trillion allergens can find their way into your home on a daily basis.
• The average home can produce up to 40 pounds of dust a year.